This two-page PDF gives you an overview of QuickSee operation, to have you taking measurements in just a few minutes. Make sure QuickSee is charged before starting!
These short videos give you an overview of preparing QuickSee and a patient for an autorefraction measurement, and performing the measurement.
Need a little more help to get started? Run into an issue? Please contact us for help.
QuickSee Firmware Update
This update to the software on QuickSee improves usability in battery level and alignment. You will use the QuickSee Companion App on a smartphone to update the firmware.
Pairing your QuickSee with the QuickSee Companion App for the first time:
- Download the free “QuickSee Companion App” from the Google Play store.
- You will be prompted to turn on the Bluetooth on your phone and on your QuickSee.
- The QuickSee Companion App will scan for available Bluetooth devices. Once you see your QuickSee device, select it from the list.
- Enter your QuickSee’s serial number. You may also use your camera to scan the QR code found behind the magnetic eye-cap.
- Once your phone and QuickSee are paired, continue to “Update your QuickSee Firmware,” below.
Update your QuickSee Firmware
Before you start:
- We recommend you connect QuickSee to power during the update procedure.
- QuickSee is updated with the QuickSee Companion App for smartphones. If you have not already paired your QuickSee with a Companion App, see “Pairing your QuickSee with the QuickSee Companion App for the first time,” above.
On the main screen, tap the Update Firmware tab on the top of the screen (Figure 1).
Tap the icon to check if there is a later available version for the device (Figure 2). Note: The Companion App must be connected to the Internet to check for new firmware.
If there is no new version of the firmware, you will see your installed version and a check mark (Figure 3). You're all set!
If there is a new version available, you will be asked if you want to install the update (Figure 4). Tap the button to proceed with the update.