We are recruiting a practicing Optometrist for a part-time (~50% time, may grow into full-time in the future) Clinical Research Project Manager role to help lead and manage on-going clinical studies. Additionally, this role will interface with the engineering R&D team to inform the design of new product improvements in our growing medical device portfolio. The position will require working with an international engineering and management team, and working onsite in Boston and clinical study sites.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- Lead and manage already proposed or on-going clinical studies and research relationships.
- Work onsite to oversee training, subject recruitment, and data collection while adhering to clinical best practices and IRB requirements, identify and execute modifications as needed.
- Participate in grant applications and in executing on-going grants.
- Explore clinical needs and business opportunities related to technology pipeline.
- Advise engineering team of clinical optometry best practices, provide design feedback.
- Work with cross-functional, multi-cultural team across multiple geographies.
- Identify, initiate, and design new research/clinical collaborations (investigator-initiated studies).
- OD degree with 5 years of clinical experience (residency and beyond), or equivalent. Deep knowledge of optometry, clinical best practices and standards. Industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with mobile optometry (e.g., nursing homes, schools, public/global health) is a plus.
- Experience in academic/clinical research, grant writing, or medical device development are a plus.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with strong sense of ownership and independence.
- Skilled in technical writing, and high proficiency in English is required.
- Eager to work in a startup environment on challenging, socially impactful projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PlenOptika is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are a diverse, multi-cultural team and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. PlenOptika participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.